Cisco Catalyst 9124AXD – Radio access point – Bluetooth 5.0 – Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 6 – 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- The IEEE 802.11ax emerging standard,also known as High-Efficiency Wireless (HEW) or Wi-Fi 6,builds on 802.11ac. It delivers a better experience in typical environments with more predictable performance for advanced applications such as 4K or 8K video,high-density,high-definition collaboration apps,all-wireless offices,and IoT. Wi-Fi 6 is designed to use both the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz bands,unlike the 802.11ac standard.
- Uplink/downlink OFDMA
- Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA)-based scheduling splits the bandwidth into smaller frequency allocations called Resource Units (RUs),which can be assigned to individual clients in both the downlink and uplink directions to reduce overhead and latency.
- Uplink/downlink MU‑MIMO technology
- Supporting two spatial streams,multiuser multiple-input multiple-output (MU-MIMO) enables access points to split spatial streams between client devices to maximize throughput.
- BSS coloring
- Spatial reuse (also known as Basic Service Set [BSS] coloring) allows the access points and their clients to differentiate between BSSs,thus permitting more simultaneous transmissions.
- Target Wake Time
- A new power-saving mode called Target Wake Time (TWT) allows the client to stay asleep and to wake up only at prescheduled (target) times to exchange data with the access point. This offers significant energy savings for battery-operated devices,up to 3 to 4 times the savings achieved by 802.11n and 802.11ac.
- Cisco RF ASIC
- Cisco RF ASIC is a fully integrated Software-Defined Radio (SDR) that can perform advanced RF spectrum analysis and delivers features such as Cisco CleanAir,Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS),FastLocate,and Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS).
- Bluetooth 5
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5 radio enables location-based use cases such as asset tracking,wayfinding,and analytics.
- Multigigabit Ethernet support
- Provides uplink speeds of 2.5G,1G,and 100M. All speeds are supported on Category 5e cabling for an industry first,as well as 10GBASE-T (IEEE 802.3bz) cabling.